We focus our activities in the following areas:
- Building education & welfare infrastructure e.g. schools, clinics, orphanages
- Health & Welfare projects for children & mothers
• Support for children with disabilities
• Addressing the nutritional needs of undernourished children
• Skills training leading to economic independence
• Orphanage and hospice care
The majority of our activities are concentrated in Sub-Saharan Africa, as this is the area most in need of assistance. In addition, we have supported some projects in Nepal, The Lebanon, Liberia, Uganda, Zambia and Ireland.
Much of the work of Childaid is based in and around an area of Nairobi known as the Mukuru slum.